Health and Safety Information
Preventing the Spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
It is essential that we remain cautious, attentive, and prepared to combat the coronavirus. Here is some important information to help keep Hudson Valley families safe and healthy:
How to Protect Yourself and Others and Stop the Spread of COVID-19
- Stay at home.
- Clean your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are feeling well, only go out for essentials like groceries.
- If you go out, be sure to wash your hands before, during if possible, and after.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet distance from others.
- Do not go out if you are sick.
- All persons should wear a mask or face covering when in the company of others.
- Do not take public transportation unless it is urgent and absolutely necessary.
- Cover your cough and sneezes using your elbow or a tissue.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Take special precautions to avoid exposing the elderly and those who are immuno-compromised.
- Avoid visiting those most at risk.
- Offer help with groceries but minimize contact.
NYS hotline for testing requests: 1-888-364-3065
Westchester County hotline: call 866-588-0195 or email COVID19FAQ@westchestergov.com
Rockland County hotline: call 845-238-1956 or email COVIDCallCenter@co.rockland.ny.us
NYS Emotional Support hotline: 1-844-863-9314
NYS Domestic Violence helpline: text 1-844-997-2121
NOTE: You do not have to give any identifying information or reveal where you live.
Emotional Support for Frontline Health Care Heroes: text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741
Resources for Travelers or U.S. Citizens Abroad
If you have recently traveled or plan to travel, please consult the CDC’s travel guide. I encourage everyone with travel plans to regularly check for updates from the CDC and the U.S. State Department.
New Yorkers can call the Department of Health's coronavirus hotline at 1-888-364-3065 with any concerns about symptoms or travel. In addition, visit the Department of Health's dedicated website for more resources and updates about COVID-19.
To receive important travel alerts, all U.S. Citizens abroad should register their travel with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at step.state.gov.
If you are a U.S. Citizen stuck abroad, looking to get a flight home, call the U.S. Department of State's Office of Overseas Citizens Services at 1-888-407-4747.
Medical Supplies and Staff
New York needs assistance in collecting medical equipment and supplies and trained medical staff to work in hospitals and health care facilities. Click here or on the image below if you have the capacity to help.
Resources for Victims of Domestic Violence
Office on Women's Health Helpline, provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Call 1-800-994-9662.
New York State Office of Children and Family Services: Call 1-800-342-3720